A balanced diet has many benefits for the welfare and health of our body. A healthy diet is benefic for health, helps prevent disorders related to overweight and cardiovascular disease. How to follow a proper way of eating? Simple, just remember 10 simple rules that apply to both adults and children, paying attention in the latter case to any limitations due to age.
- Have five meals a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner and two light snacks (one in the morning and one in the afternoon). This allows you to keep your metabolism more active and avoid sudden attacks of hunger.
- Remember that breakfast is a meal of paramount importance and should not therefore be skipped. Best if made based on milk, fruit, yogurt and cereal.
- Vary the diet.. The best way to follow a healthy diet is to change your diet every day, ensuring a proper balance between foodborne foods and those of plant origin.
- Consuming vegetables in the main meals. The protein needs must be satisfied by eating at least one second a day, dividing it among two main meals. It is preferable to take vegetable proteins, such as those contained in legumes.
- Eating a right amount of fruit.. They are rich in fiber, minerals and vitamins. You should eat at least five portions to be distributed during the day.
- Take each day the right amount of protein. The protein needs must be satisfied by eating at least one second a day, dividing it among two main meals. It is preferable to take vegetable proteins, such as those contained in legumes.
- Consuming adequate amounts of milk and dairy products, eggs, meat and fish. These are foods rich in iron, calcium and vitamin B12, essential nutrients for the body.
- Limit the use of salt. To follow a healthy diet is advisable to flavor foods with herbs and spices to enhance the flavor of meals by using lemon juice and vinegar.
- Do not exaggerate with fried, high calorie condiments and desserts. Fats make a large amount of energy, but excessive consumption can cause overweight and cardiovascular disease with obvious negative effects on health.
- Drink at least two liters of water a day.. It helps to hydrate the body, improve digestion and diuresis, and absorb the important nutrients (vitamins and minerals).
These are the 10 basic rules for healthy eating. Obviously this advice must be tailored to the specific individual characteristics: age, sex, physical condition and lifestyle.
The Mediterranean diet is a healthy and balanced regime. Baby Kiss tells you all its advantages and benefits for the health.